Explosive Strength & Endurance Support
What is creatine?
- What is it: Premium quality, pure creatine tablets
- Why take it: Lifts & extends high intensity performance
- When to take it: Twice daily
- Benefit: Increases speed, power & strength
Creatine is a natural compound created by the body which plays a key role in muscle energy production. Now one of the most researched and bought sports nutrition supplements in the world, creatine has been shown to increase power, strength and endurance.
Performance Creatine Tablets contain a pure, high quality source of creatine that will help you maximise your training intensity, strength and speed.Why take creatine?
To learn how creatine supplementation works, it is important first to understand how muscle energy is produced.
1. The brain sends instructions to your muscles to contract.
2. To energise this contraction, a molecule called Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) is broken down.
3. This breakdown releases energy that is used to contract the muscle.
4. The now broken ATP molecule is left in two pieces, Adenosine Diphosphate (ADP) and a Phosphate (P).
5. Creatine's role is to piece these parts back together to reform ATP and enable the cycle to repeat.
6. This cycle continues until there is no more creatine left.
7. At this point (10-20 seconds) we are forced to reduce the intensity of our activity
8. This is the point at which you begin to slow in a sprint or weaken in a weights set.
In short, supplementing creatine increases our store so that the process above can continue for longer or at a higher intensity. Creatine levels vary in everyone and the capacity to store more is limited. For this reason everyone will respond differently to supplementation.Who is creatine for?
Performance Creatine can benefit the performance of anyone who performs high intensity physical efforts. This includes sprinters, boxers, weight trainers and cyclists. Creatine can also massively benefit repetition and interval training carried out by endurance athletes.When should I use creatine?
This is a highly debated topic, however, the consensus is that creatine supplementation is about raising overall bodily levels rather than timing a spike to increase performance. By this we mean that you can increase your creatine store by taking your daily dosage throughout the day so that it is available at any time.
We would recommend that for the first 5 days you follow a loading dose of 20g a day, split into 4 servings. Following this phase, reduce your intake to 10g a day over two servings. After 8 weeks have a 2 week break so that your body's ability to produce creatine isn't reduced. To optimise absorption take creatine alongside fruit juice.